123 HP Officejet Pro 8720 Copy & Scan
123 HP OJPro 8720 Copy, Scan and Fax
Copying your Documents
The Copy option on your printer allows you to print number of copies in color or black by copying your original documents. You can also change the advanced settings of your copier by changing its Advanced Settings.
Printing a one sided copy:
Load the original copy of your document in the scanner glass
Mention the number of copies you want to get printed
- From your printer home screen click the copy option.
- Click the number of copies.
- Change the paper quality and other settings using the Settings option.
- Turn Off the two sided option if it is ON.
Before starting to copy click the black or color to copy.
Printing a 2-sided copy:
- Load the original print on the right corner of the scanner glass.
- Click the number of copies
- Click the copy option. Using the advanced settings you can change the paper size, orientation and other settings.
- Select the back option to return back to the copy screen.
- Click the black or color option before starting the copy process.
- After copying the original load the second original and press OK option.
Print a 2-sided copy using document feeder:
- With the print side up load the original copy in the feeder.
- You can use two 1-sided original to make a 2-sided copy.
- Click the number of copies you wanted to print.
- Make changes to the type of paper or the orientation if required using the settings option.
- Click the two sided option to turn it ON.
- Click Back to return to the copier.
- Click the black or color option that you wanted to print.
123 HP OJPro 8720 Scan
You scan any kind of documents or photos and save them to your connected computer. You can scan them even from your printer display.
Scan through your computer:
- You should install your printer to your computer.
- Also you should get your HP printer software installed to your computer .
Enabling scan to your computer:
You can scan to computer directly as it is the default option, follow the following instructions to scan.
Based on the types of operating system you do the following,
- If you are an windows 8.1 user click the down arrow from the start screen and click the utilities option from printer name.
- If you are an windows 8 user click on the empty area of your start screen and click the All Apps and click your printer name and click the utilities option.
- Windows 7, windows vista and windows XP users click START -> All progams ->
- HP and select the printer folder.
- In the Scan portion click the Manage scan to Computer.
- Click Enable option.
Scan the document from your Printer Control Panel:
- Load the original copy on the feeder or the scanner glass.
- Select Scan.
- Click the computer in which you wanted to scan.
- Choose the type of scan.
- Select OK
123 HP OJPRO 8720 Scan a document using windows
Load the original copy to the feeder or to the scanner glass. Follow the instructions on the printer software screen. If you are a windows 8.1 user click the down arrow on the left corner of the start screen and click your printer name. If you are a windows 8 user right click on the empty space of the start screen click All Apps and click your printer name. If you are a windows 7, windows vista, or a windows XP user, on your desktop screen click Start -> All programs -> HP -> click the folder for the printer. Click the Scan a document or photo from the printer software. Before you could scan click the type of scan and click the Scan option. Click Save as PDF to save the file as PDF. Click Save as JPEG to save the file as image file.
The embedded web server has a feature of web scan in which you scan your photos and documents from your printer to your computer using the web browser.
On the web server click the settings tab. Click the Administrator settings in the security section. Click webscan to enable the function. Click apply and click OK.
Scan using webscan:
Webscan offers the basic of scanning process, Load the original print side up in the document feeder or load the original in the scanner glass in the right corner. Open the web server. Click the scan tab. Change the settings in the webscan available in the left pane if required and click Start Scan.
123 HP OJPro 8720 Scanning the Document
Loading the original in the scanner glass:
- Lift the scanner cover.
- Load the original print side down on the right corner of the glass.
- Close the scanner cover.
Loading the original in the document feeder:
- Open the feeder cover.
- Adjust the paper width guides.
- Load original print-side facing up in the document feeder.
- Slide paper-width guides inward until they stop at the edge of paper.
Open printer software on Windows:
Install the HP printer software on your computer system and based on the operating system you use do the following,
Windows 8.1 users: On the left corner of the start screen right click the mouse button and click your printer name.
Windows 8: On the empty space of the Start screen right-click the mouse button. Click ALL APPS on the app bar, and click your printer name.
Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: On the computer desktop click START -> All Programs -> HP . click the folder for your printer and click your printer named icon.
- Sleep mode is used to reduce power usage.
- The printer enters sleep mode in five minutes of inactivity after the initial setup of your printer.
- You can change the time for sleep mode from your control panel.
Setting sleeps mode time:
On the screen menu click the settings icon.
Click power Handling.
Click either of the following
- After 5 minutes.
- After 10 minutes.
- After 15 minutes.
Quiet mode slows down printing to reduce overall noise without affecting the print quality. Quiet Mode allows printing only in normal quality on plain paper. To reduce the noise, switch to quiet mode. To print at normal speed tuen quiet mode off. Normally the quiet mode is OFF in default.
Switching Quiet Mode ON or OFF
To switch Quiet Mode ON or OFF from your printer control panel:
Click the setup from the printer Home Screen.
Click Quiet Mode.
Click ON or OFF Quiet Mode.
Enabling quite mode from your Embedded Web Server:
- Open the Embedded Web Service.
- Click the Settings Tab.
- In the Preferences section click Quiet Mode, and then Click ON or OFF.
- Click Apply.
It is possible to send fax from your printer including color faxes. You are also provided with options like adding recipient ,number of copies to the contact and sending fax to the used number. Using your printer control panel you can set the resolution of the fax, either color or black fax copy can also be determined.
- You scan send a standard fax in a single copy or a multiple copy, in black or color using your printer control panel.
- Sending fax using your printer control panel:
- Load the original in the feeder or in the right corner of the scanner glass.
- Selectthe fax option from the printer control panel.
- Click the send now option to send the fax.
- Enter the fax number on the Enter Fax Number.
- Click the type of fax whether black to color.
Sending fax from your computer:
- Open the document that you wanted to fax.
- Click the print option on the file menu.
- Click the printer with fax from the list of printers.
- Using the properties option change the settings of the fax you wanted to send.
- After the changes are made click OK.
- Click print option and click OK.
- Dial the fax number on the screen and send the fax.
Sending fax from an extension phone:
- Load the original copy on the printer feeder or on the scanner glass inits right corner.
- Dial the number on the keypad on the phone which is connected to the printer.
- Click the fax option to send the fax. Before sending the fax you can talk to the recipient if they fail to attend the call you can hear the fax sounds on your telephone.
- Click the send fax option.
- When you are done click the type of fax either black or color.
Send fax from the printer control panel:
- Load the oringinsl in the printr feeder or place the original on the scanner glass in its right corner.
- Click the fax option from the printer control panel.
- Selectsend now option.
- Click Black or Color.
- Enter the number in the Enter Fax Number field.
- Click the send fax option and click OK.
Send fax from your memory:
You can send fax to recipient later just by getting the document saved in your memory. This is the feature that your printer provides if the fax number is busy or not available then the printer copies all your documents and stores it in its memory and sends them to the recipient later.
How to send fax from memory:
- Make sure that your Scan and Fax method is turned ON.
- From the printer control panel display selectthe fax option.
- Click the preference option from the setup menu.
- Set Scan and Fax Method ON.
- Load the original in the document feeder or load it on the scanner glass.
- Selectthe fax option on the from the printer control panel.
- Click the Send Now option.
- Click the Enter Fax Number and enter the Fax Number.
- Click the kind of fax you wanted o send either color or black.
Scheduling for Quiet Mode:
Clicking Quiet Mode from printer control panel:
- Click the Setup option from your Home Screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Quiet Mode.
- Click OFF next to Quiet Mode to turn it ON and click OK to Confirm.
- Click OFF next to Schedule, and select change start time and end time of the schedule.
To turn Quiet Mode OON or OFF from your printer software:
- Open the HP printer software.
- Tap the Quiet Mode tab.
- Click ON on the Quiet Mode area.
- Specify the Start time and Stop time in the Schedule Quiet Mode area.
- Click the Save Settings.
Using Embedded Web Server Scheduling Quiet Mode:
- Open the EWS.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Preference Tab, click Quiet Mode, and then click ON in the Quiet Mode area.
- Click Apply.