123.hp.com/setup 5740 - HP Printer Features
The OfficeJet 5740 is the ideal candidate for home and small businesses, and is fitted with respectable print speed and comprehensive graphics. For the Instant Ink Subscription Program you can reduce printing costs. You can visit 123.hp.com/setup 5740 or 123.hp.com/oj5740 to download drivers for your OfficeJet 5740. Below are the HP OfficeJet 5740 specifications.
123 HP OfficeJet 5740 Printer Installation
Remove the cartridges, power cable, mount CD and starter guide, open the carboard box. The Installation CD has Mac and Windows software.
- You can also download and install 123.hp.com/setup 5740 or 123.hp.com/oj5740 device drivers
- Then, cut the carton on the top and use it for recycling.
- Use the transparent plastic cover to grab the cardboard box and drag the printer out.
- Next, remove on the sides the Styrofoam caps. Now slide the transparent cover gently away from the printer.
- Disable the blue colored printer tapes. Next, open the glass lid of the scanner and take off the Styrofoam sheet.
- Then open the access area of the ink cartridge by cutting the sides and remove the packaging material. Close the entry region of the ink cartridge.
- Open and remove the packaging materials from the paper input tray. Close again. Close the tray.
- Continue to read to learn how to power your printer.
123.hp.com/oj5740- Loading Paper for HP OfficeJet 5740
- Open a paper input tray and remove the paper width guides.
- Align a pile of paper to a hard surface and insert the pile into the paper tray.
- Slide the paper tray back in and wait until your Officejet 5740 detects the papers installed.
- After your printer detects that plain A4 documents are loaded into the Paper Tray, the alignment cycle begins.
- Alignment informs your printer where it needs to drop ink for the best print quality production.
- Wait a few minutes until an alignment page is printed by the printer.
- Take the Paper Tray alignment tab. To complete the alignment cycle, the sheet must be checked.
- Open the glass scanner cover and place the print side of the alignment sheet on the glass scanner.
- Using the labels on the side of the scanner as a reference and place the alignment sheet on the lower right side.
- Close the glass scanner cover and press OK to keep the alignment process going.
- The printer now shows positive message alignment on the control panel.
- Click OK and press Start to finish the setup process on the next screen.
- If the printer displays an unsuccessful message alignment, visit the support page in HP to fix the problem.
In the following section, you’ll learn how to connect your printer to the wireless network to download HP Easy Start Utilities from 123.hp.com/setup 5740 or 123.hp.com/oj5740 the correct software drivers
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup Wizard
You must connect your printer to the internet using the Wireless Setup Wizard before you download and install 123.hp.com/setup 5740 or 123.hp.com/oj5740. Follow the following steps to connect your printer to the web.
Tap the Wireless button on your printer control panel. Next, scroll the list and select Wireless Setup Wizard. Your OfficeJet 5740 continues to scan all wireless networks in the surroundings.
Once the names of all wireless networks within the range have been obtained, the list of networks will appear in the printer control panel.
- Tap the network name to which you want to attach your printer.
- Then you must enter your Wireless network password via the on-screen keyboard.
- When the cycle is done, click Completed.
- Next, click OK to confirm the configurations.
- The printer will now begin to test your wireless setup and connect to the wireless network.
- You can then download and install 123.hp.com/setup 5740 program
- Download and install 123 HP OfficeJet 5740 Driver
Support 123 HP OfficeJet 5740 ePrint
- Follow the steps below to download and install the device drivers
- Ensure your printer and computer are enabled, enabled and linked to the same wireless network.
- Open your browser and visit 123.hp.com/setup 5740.
- To access the HP Quick Start App, press Install. Tap on the app to open the archive after the update is over.
HP Easy Start Utility starts extracting the required OfficeJet 5740 files
- Follow the on-screen instructions for downloading device drivers.
- You can switch between full-function drivers for software and simple drivers for software. Read and adhere to HP’s terms and conditions by choosing the correct boxes as requested.
- If the printer asks you to enter details such as postal code and user mode enter the corresponding information for the installation process.
- Click the Continue Setup process on the next screen to complete the setup process.
- This completes the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 download and installation of the software. You can also download and install 123.hp.com/oj5740 app drivers
The ePrint service is for those who want to print on-the-go documents.
- Simply mail the paper to the e-mail address of your printer and print the documents as soon as they are on and connected to the internet.
- Follow the following steps to install Web Services and ePrint on your HP OfficeJet 5740.
- Click the HP Printables on the control panel of your printer.
- Then press Trigger Web Services. Accept Web Services terms and conditions by clicking the Accept button in order to enable Web Services.
- Download the printer and automatically install the software by taping Yes on the Auto Update screen.
- Once the printer is connected to the server, it prints an information page with the e-mail address of your printer. Complete the Web Services Configuration guidance
- Next, touch the ePrint icon on the home screen of your printer. Tap Web Services Settings and press E-mail address on the Web Services Settings menu.
- To send your printer a print job, open your e-mail application and attach the document you want to print.
- Just enter the email address of your printer into the To box and click Send.
HP OfficeJet 5740 Wi-Fi Direct Setup
You should have already downloaded and installed a driver of 123.hp.com/setup 5740 to use the Wireless Direct feature.
Direct Wi-Fi access
- Touch the Wi-Fi directly on the control panel of the printer.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Direct Settings icon and touch it to turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Tap Back to view the Wi-Fi Main information menu with exclusive Wi-Fi name and password.
- Mobile app printing that supports Wi-Fi directly
- On your printer and mobile computer, turn on Wi-Fi directly.
- Open the document from your mobile device that you want to print and choose the option to print it.
- Select the name of your printers from the list of printers that appear. For instance, DIRECT-**- OFFICEJET 5740 (* * are a unique print character)
- Follow the directions for printing your document now. The paper is now printed.
Clearing Paper Jams in 123 HP OfficeJet 5740
- Open the access area to the ink cartridge and remove the cover for the paper path.
- Remove the duplexer cover and remove the jammed paper.
- Place the cover on the paper route and make sure it snaps.
- Tap OK on the control panel to continue the work of the printer.
- Make sure that you delete jammed papers from the print carry or from the paper input tray so you don’t tear the paper or hold it on the roller.
123 HP OfficeJet 5740 Issues of Ink Cartridge
- Make sure the printer is enabled.
- Open the door to the ink cartridge and remove the cartridge that has problems.
- Wipe the raised gold dots with a somewhat damp, free lint tissue at the bottom of the cartridge by holding the cartridge on its sides.
- Remove the ink cartridge and verify whether the error message is stopped.
- If the error message is re-appearing, turn off and reset the printer.